Wednesday, October 17, 2012

He Is..

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto a child is born, unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. and His name will be called Wonderful counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.."

I heard this verse the other day, and the speaker reminded us how the name of Jesus is all inclusive. He is government. I am sure this would come as a big surprise to many leaders to realize they really are not in control. They can't even make their heart beat one extra beat without the Lord.

Jesus is our All. Are you troubled, worried, burdened? He is the Wonderful Counselor (or He is Wonderful, and a counselor). He knows the answers to all my concerns and fears. He is my counselor. Do you feel weak and lack of energy? Sick? He is my Strength—Mighty God. No weakness there. Have you been abandoned? He is the Everlasting Father. Do you have problems relaxing, going to sleep? He is the Prince of Peace.

He takes care of us, His children. He loves us. This verse comes as a great encouragement to me right now. I haven't been sleeping well. I can rest in peace, knowing He is my everlasting Father.

I am encouraged with this verse. He is faithful, yes, He really is...

God bless you

No comments: