Monday, October 8, 2012

Talking with Jesus

It was a lonely weekend. Missed Arlene so much. My other sisters were busy all weekend and also my mom. So they couldn't talk on the phone. And of course, Arlene was busy in dance and worship. Not sure if she was in class learning, or if there is perfection as soon as one crosses the threshold into Glory.

I think if I really knew and could comprehend how beautiful and wonderful Heaven is, I'd have a most difficult time staying earthbound. We do have somewhat description of heaven in the Bible, but the sound of worship isn't quite clear. Focus on life on earth needs to be such that our goal is to be diligent in Kingdom work, but not bound to earthly work and dreaming of comforts here. Seems a bit ridiculous when I think of it...we save money for more comforts here, to have more clothes, things, etc. When all the time that money could be used to help someone and even maybe they would come to Jesus.

I really wanted a sister to talk to this weekend, but then I believe God wanted me to talk to Him. I like the story of the lady who always had an empty chair close to her bed. She never wanted it moved. When asked about this, she said, "Oh that is the chair Jesus sits in when He and I talk."

How many chairs have I passed by? Jesus was there, but I just thought it was a homeless person. Or a lonely person. Or a hurting heart. But I was busy and preoccupied with my own problems. Yet Jesus on the cross, looked down with compassion on his mother and told John to take care of her. Wow, even on the cross, Jesus had compassion for others.

Am I still lonely? Yes, but I have so many people I can pray for....Zion is sick, a young lady whom the doctors cannot find a remedy for her problem, a little girl with cancer, a lonely missionary, and the list goes on.  I'm off....

Need to talk to God for a while

God bless you


No comments: