Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Qualify


Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and deliver you."

The is a wonderful promise. Just to know that we serve a God who cares about us from before birth into eternity! It really can't get better than this. Those of you who can still walk on both legs, the idea of being carried and delivered may not make much sense.

Then there are those of us, who "hobble along" with 1 1/2 leg, and I'm thankful for that. But that half leg that is man-made just is not as well done as God the Creator did. My son often offers to carry me from one place to another, but of course I decline as it really isn't necessary as long as I can still go.

My question is, how many can God carry at one time? I know I'm not the only one who needs to be carried. Many in Haiti are still suffering greatly from their amputation. They still suffer with infection and great pain. In comparison, I have no problems.

There are times I use a wheelchair, such as, airports. I'd rather walk/run from gate to gate. But I can't now. So it just feels good that God has promised to carry me...

I guess this verse is really for me, I qualify with old age (I'm getting there), gray hair (definitely). Thank you Lord for the promise to carry me and delivering me to the finish line.

God bless you

No comments: