Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Name

The other day when I (Barb) was at the doctor's for my follow up visit, I mentioned "Stumpy" to the doctor and he thought I should be more creative for a name. So yesterday a very dear friend of ours gave me the perfect name! Instead of the masculine "Stumpy"her new name is now Peggy Eileen.
We are so happy this matter is settled :)!

My verse for today was Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy... "

The phrase that spoke to my heart is "none of these things move me".
What is it that will move me?...move me away from God.?
Life is just too tough...no job, wayward children, abusive spouse or an earthquake, etc can threaten to make me move from God?
But Praise God ...HE DOES NOT MOVE!

I didn't know that we would be strong enough for an earthquake, and we weren't ...but God was.
In the moment of our greatest need, God showed Himself our Strength, our Protector, our dearest Friend indeed.
His arms of love were around us the whole time...in the hole, on the hospital parking lot, on the plane, in Intensive care, and surgery. He has faithfully provided for every need we have had for every moment, most of all His presence.

Pray for our trip to Tallahassee tomorrow.
Pray we can joyfully endure the phantom limb pain until God takes it away.
Praise God that Agape arrived home safely, and his boss gave him today to rest.
Praise God that every day we see an improvement in our healing process.

Praise God, He is the Great I AM!!

1 comment:

jennt said...

i kinda liked "Stumpy" but you are right , the new name is much more feminine.

You all are such troopers and your testimony of all this is so encouraging to me and i am sure to many others.

Look forward to seeing you when you are up to it.

Love
Jenn