Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In the Night Watch

Psalm 63:6-8 "When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. Tonight sleep eludes me once again. The sweet music of my husband's snores means one thing, his pain has subsided enough that he can rest and sleep. I praise God for that. Although my pain is still throbbing, I have the promise that I can and will rejoice because my help is in the shadow of His wings and His right hand upholds me. Oh how sweet is my God! His hand and the shadow of His wing carried me out of the rubble, onto the hospital parking lot and on to the plane and hospital. How many times have I decided to leave the protection of the shadow of His wing! I trust this recent experience has taught me never to forget the preciousness of His protecting wing and the comfort of His hands. Let us not waste our pain. I want to learn from it. We have prayed often for God to heal us from the pain, but He has chosen to let us experience it yet. Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait UPON THE LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." I trust your night was sweet with sleep and rest. God bless you. Pray for Patrick for strength as he is scheduled to preach the next several Sundays.Pray for Pat and Nate as they travel here to visit Rachel and us. They should arrive on Sunday.

No comments: