Sunday, February 7, 2010


As I arose from bed this morning, I thought of the days when I had 2 feet. I wanted to make the bed, find my clothes, make my own breakfast and just do the routine things. But God had other plans for my life.

Last night before I slept, I was reading Joni Eareckson's book "Diamonds in the Dust". Isaiah 43:18-19,21 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland...for the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise." This verse so touched me, knowing that God has a purpose for the future, for our future. We can look ahead even during our recovery time. He may not do "things" as He did before, but we know God is equipped to create new things, do things fresh and better than ever before.

We also rejoice and praise God for bringing Agape home to us again. He had a good trip, saw his home and his remark was when he saw the one part of our house "it's as if the pieces were in a blender and then poured on the ground. He met with the pastors from the village which was so good for us to have news from them.

Continue to pray for both of us, as we both are dealing with phantom pain. This too shall pass, but we need your prayers to help us be joyful as we go through the pain.

We love you all, thank the Lord every day for each of you. We pray God will fill your lives with Grace, Peace and Joy.

3 comments:

Don Tibbett said...

hearing what our Lord is doing with you guys is a very real blessing to us. thank you for keeping us informed. someday i hope to meet you guys and enjoy a time of fellowship. God bless you.

Unknown said...

I have not commented but I (and Val) have been praying. I have read several of your posts to the people in the services - this Sunday in all three services the people clapped for you. As a church you guys are famous! and are also an inspiration to the people here and especially to me - thank you - I thank God for you!!! Pastor Carl

Melissa Block said...

You guys inspire me!! May the Lord's peace continue to be with you and His presence be your portion. God bless you guys! I'm praying for you.