Monday, February 1, 2010

God is so Good

Today Patrick was able to recall his experience "in the hole". He said that as much as possible, he sang "God is so good". "When I couldn't sing in English anymore, I sang it in Creole," he says, tears flowing down his face. He even started to sing it again, as we wept with him. He recalls wondering if he would ever get out, and felt life leaving his body. Today, his body strongly proclaims of the grace and glory of God. Even His nurses and doctors seem changed as they witness his strength, courage and love for all those around him. They go over and above their call of duty everyday.
Barb's visits to see Patrick get longer (and cuter). Their smiles and excitement to see one another is a curiosity and encouragement to all those around them.
Patrick and Barb continue to be burdened and grieved for Haiti and their people. When a nurse questioned him about returning to Haiti, he smiled and said, "why not?!"
The nurse said, " You don't have a house or any belongings! You can't go back!"
Patrick looked at her, still smiling, and responded, " God will provide. The work is not complete. Of course I'll go back."

Please continue to pray for Patrick and Barb, and their healing. Also pray for Agape, as he journeys to Haiti for a few days.
Thank you again for your prayers and support!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my Brother, (my kid's "Brown Daddy" :) Patrick, you paved the way, we have been in Haiti and these past weeks and today we go in with a small team of 4 - 3 more planned and by God's Garce we'll do you proud. I cant't wait to ride the roads with you again! Keep getting strong , I am so happy my Brother. - on behalf of Calvary Chapel Sarasota, Relief Ministries and Arise Missions I am honored to go in your path. Blessings. - alongside in His service, Jim

Melissa Block said...

God truly is amazing. I am so full of joy at the improvement and to be able to see these updates everyday. Thanks so much Lataillade family for keeping us up to date on everything! We Love you guys and are praying for you all.

Sue Berger said...

All this makes me weep with joy. To see in the flesh, the Spirit of God, Who continually seeks us out in spite of all the suffering we put him through. Love always overcomes and is the strongest force on earth and in heaven. May your hearts and bodies be stregthened with this supernatural power. I love you both. sue

Unknown said...

How true it is,that God will provide. He is the greatest provider and one can never "out give" God. And He is w/ you, Barb and Patrick. Is. 43:2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, yyou will not be scorched. Nor will the flame burn you." God bless, heal,& keep you.

Unknown said...

YES, there is a God, miracles still happen . . .God does hear and answer prayer. As I read Trauma Treasures, my mind if full of HOLY HOLY HOLY, praise God, worthy if the Lamb and just simply utterings of praise, gratitude & love for our Dear Lord. No other thoughts can enter in and I feel like my chest could burst open because it overflows with thanksgiving to God for Patrick & Barb's recovery. And I praise God for those @ Jackson hosp. who have cared for our friends right down to the cleaning lady - Thank you Jesus. Love & Prayers to you all.

CindyRae53 said...

I am weeping for joy for you!

Sharing The Vision said...

I am filled with tears of joy as I read this. We love you both VERY much and will continue to uphold you in our prayers. We are sending this note with xoxoxoxoxox from Promise Joy and Agape Zion...Promise prays for you every night. She asks God to make Grandma's booboo on her leg get better and Grandpa's booboo on his arm get better and that the house won't fall down again. It makes me cry just typing out her prayers. She told me today in the car after talking to her Aunt Rachel that she was going to ask God to give you a new house today. We love you! The "other" Nana and Papa, Jim and Teresa from the DR