Sunday, August 4, 2013

Desert Walk

Psalm 84:5-7 has long been a picture of my life with my Lord.
"Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring: The rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion." (NKJ version)

The past couple months has been a walk in a desert, the walk was dry and lonely. I was on a pilgrimage. The valley of Baca is a place of tears. Those tears formed an oasis, a place of hope and refreshing.  The translation given in the verse says we go from strength to strength, other versions use glory to glory.

Personally, I see how God has taken me on walks of loneliness and testings. But He is also a God who sees me in the desert, just as He saw Hagar, Abraham's slave who was running from her circumstance. Yet God called her to return to where she came from. My oasis or strengths came as a verse of scripture, a phone call, a post on Facebook and always the verse or calls were exactly what I needed for that moment. But God, doesn't let me stay there. He leads me on to the next oasis.

When I am on a walk as this, I have the choice to continue to follow my Lord's bidding or I can be stubborn and decide it is too difficult. God never gives me more than I can handle. He promises never to leave me or forsake me. He promises His provisions and protection. It really is a winning battle. I have the victory! He showers His Grace on me as I walk through tears, struggles and even at times confusion.

But I don't stay there, I will continue to walk until I appear before my God. As I reflect over the past couple months, and specifically the past 2 weeks, I know God was challenging me to a greater level of trust in Him. So many times, that still, small voice telling me which way to go, what to do or not to do. Oh it wasn't so easy, but definitely worth the desert walk!

I can declare that God has proved Himself faithful to me again!
I will share a few scripture references that were very special to me, and you can look them up in your Bible.
Psalm 42 (I came back to this one several times)
Habakkuk 3:17-19 (rejoicing when all else fails)
Philippians 4:6-7
Romans 12:12  Rejoicing in hope...some days hope looked quite hopeless, but it wasn't. God was in the cloud.

I do pray I can continue to faithfully blog again.
As always, God bless you!

No comments: