Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In the Midst of Hectic-itis.

Isaiah 26:3-4 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, For YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength."

The past week has been a bit in overload. I felt I was being pulled in every direction. I wanted to spend time with my husband, also with my mom (92 years old), make sure everyone had food to eat and clean clothes to wear. And it being the first week of school, that means new schedules were a bit more hectic. Up with the kids before 7:00, daddy got them breakfast and I combed Promise's hair. Then, Mom and I had a cup of coffee.

Oh but that was short lived...the computer is calling and we are revising the child sponsorship program. Great idea. I worked hard. Only to discover there was a glitch in the program and the next morning all my work was blank! No, I wasn't too happy but really, being upset didn't help either.

Then this morning I read this verse. I should have read it last week and over the weekend. I was looking inward instead of upward. My mind was not always fixed on Him. That's why peace is not there. Then when there is no peace, there is no strength.

Oh now it is easy to see this, since the sponsorship program is completed, school schedule is less hectic, and clothes are clean. But that isn't what I'm to do. I'm to keep my mind on Him in the midst of "hectic-itis." Is that a word? Well, it is now.

God, help me to keep my mind on You!

God bless you.

No comments: