Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Plate Full of Stress or Joy?

The first week of school done. Away with summer schedules, swim time for the kids, and not a "no mistake" schedule or we'll be late. It is a bit easier to have the kids on a schedule, but it comes with a price...making sure uniforms are clean, Promise's hair combed and ready for school, breakfast eaten, school bags ready, and out the door by 7:40 am! No, I do not do this alone...daddy is in on the activity!

Then let's add working on a different program for the child sponsorship program, which needs to be completed before Patrick returns to Haiti. My mother is also visiting with us right now, which is a joy to have her. She's 92 years old and a fun "spunky." She takes care of herself and makes no demands. And it is fun having an apple fritter and coffee with her.  A favorite. I want to give her my attention. I want to give Patrick attention. I don't want to ignore the kids. Of course, it would help if my prosthesis would be fitting a bit better. Hopefully it will be fixed in a couple days. Oh my oh my!!

Do you ever feel like you have more on your plate than is possible to digest? That's where I'm at right now. How can I make it special for everyone around here and still keep my sanity? Well, it really isn't that bad. I go back to reality...if I feel I don't have time or have joy in doing what I'm doing, then perhaps I have forgotten to ask God how to juggle my time. For you see, God doesn't ask us do to more than He gives us time to accomplish it.

If we stay within God's timing and work, then the stress is taken out of the job. That's the secret. Our focus then, is on God and not me. God will never give me more than I can do. Then to have joy in all God gives me to do, no complaining. The job gets done better and my heart will be grateful instead of stressed.

Just a closing thought, most stress is self-induced. So if we have more on our plate than we think we can handle, let's look to God and fill our plate with joy. The stress will need to leave as there is no room for it!

God bless you

No comments: