Saturday, May 18, 2013

Thoughts to Ponder

Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls—yet I will rejoice in the lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet. And He will make me walk on my high hills."

As I read this verse this morning, it resonated and confirmed a truth that I have been thinking of for quite some time. I have been troubled for quite sometime about the posts of Facebook, by Christians, who are constantly bashing President Obama and the government. Why does this bother me? I don't believe according to scripture that it is the place of a Child of God to lash out at our government. They may be wrong in their decisions, we may suffer because of the decisions, and the decisions may not be according to God's Word. We cannot expect people who do not believe in God, or believe the Bible to make right decisions.

What should we do about the president and the government? Look at the verse...are we hungry? Can we still buy food? Do we have jobs? Are we in prison for our faith (I'd hate to hear the complaints of some if they were). No matter what happens, we need to learn to praise the Lord.

There was a post of FB giving a list of Obama's sins. Is that what we want? Someone to post my sins for the world to see? Who are we to post his sins? I'm not saying this because I am agreed with the decisions of Obama and his government. According to scripture we are to pray for him. Most countries have had wicked leaders for years. We have had an easy life...we are spoiled... we are a "me" country. What I want is what I deserve to have. Is God pleased with this?

I was listening to a teaching by Pastor Joe Focht. He nailed it...our problem today is not the government, our problem today is the church. Amen! The church is more concerned about being politically correct, making sure the world is comfortable with the service. We have a watered down gospel, so sinners don't feel convicted. Call a dinner at church, the place is filled. Call a prayer meeting, only a few show up.

Let's get back to God's Word....we need to tell people of God's love, and also of His judgement...hell. We have the answer to the problem...Jesus!

Let's share Jesus. Pray for the president and our country. Let's learn to praise God, even when the vines do not bear fruit.

God bless you.

No comments: