Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What a Week!

Last week was a reminder that we really aren't in control. The control I'm responsible for is my attitude.  Yes, attitude. It would have been easy to cry out, "Not fair." But it wouldn't have changed a thing. It would have made the situation more difficult.

Last week: Rachel left for Haiti for a week to help on the surgery team. Agape had a filming assignment for school (which involved 2 full days).  He also had class and work at school. It wasn't the greatest timing to have sick kids all week, and no school 2 days...very interesting. When I saw the bumps in the road, I realized I would not plan one other thing all week except babysit. I was thankful for books to read, not only for them but for me, too. The Lady Bug and Memory games were used a lot. No need to ask if I won memory...have you ever played memory with a 6 year old...dear me...she wins every game.

"All things work together for good to those who love God" so what good was it? None of the little ones had to go to the doctor. I never got sick along with them. In the whispers of the Spirit, God reminded me that He was here with us. He had it all under control. And He did.

By the end of the week, I wasn't sure I'd know how to relate to an adult, but when that test came I think I passed.

Be thankful in all things...

God bless you

No comments: