Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Almost

Have you ever thought of the many "almosts" in our lives? I was almost late for work/school. I almost missed my flight? I almost failed the exam. I almost went to the altar Sunday after the message. Then the scariest of all...

"I almost just DIED!! Along with my nephew lil Nate!! We were walking into school when a senile old lady slammed on her gas in the parking lot, did a donut, and smashed into a parked delivery truck, in front of which Nate and I were standing. Scariest moment ever!! Thanks to the gracious Lord and my mongoose-like reflexes, no one was harmed! Within a nanosecond, I had lil Nate resting safely in my bosom between the grasp of my arms as I whisked us both out of harms way. It was legendary but I'm still shaking like a boss!" (Agape's experience this morning)

Then a flash-back: Patrick and I almost died in the quake. We almost didn't have a way out of Haiti in time. Patrick almost died in the hospital.

But one thing for sure. God never has an almost!! He never is almost too late. Almost too busy. Almost too tired. Almost too early. No, God is never Almost. He is always faithful, good, right and for sure, never late! He never almost forgets. He remembers you and me. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Not almost the same, He is the same!

All morning the song, I Will Rise, has been "humming" through my mind. And we will rise the moment He calls our name. Not almost rise...we will rise.

God bless you



No comments: