Saturday, February 9, 2013

Favorite Color

Promise and Nate are at the table making valentine cards. Then I heard Nate say, "I'm going to make one for God and Jesus, then when I go to heaven I will take it to them." There was a pause, "But I don't know what their favorite color is."

He wanted to make the best for God and Jesus. How often have my sacrifices been second best? I found his statement profound. Oh yes, a child at play but wanting to give Jesus what He likes best. Am I more interested in what Jesus likes best, or is it more important to have what I like best and then ask Him to bless it. A bit turned around in my thinking.

What is the offering that I lay on the altar? Is it a sacrifice, or just a little thinking to appease God with what I have given? God is not to be fooled. He sees into my heart, even the deep recesses of my heart. Yes, even those areas that I would rather hide from His eyes. But not to be. I cannot hide anything from Him. Not because He wants to destroy me or embarrass me, but because He loves me so much. He knows what it is I need for contentment.

When I give second-best, I am not happy. I know that small convicting voice that nudges me to give my all. Oh but self, but me, wants it my way. But I can't have His way if my way stands in the way.

What is your favorite color, Jesus? I want to give my best for you.

God bless you

No comments: