Sunday, December 2, 2012

Leaping The Wall


Psalm 18:29-30 "For by You I can run against a troop, By my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect. The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."

When I read this verse today,  I had to ask myself the question, Do I have faith to jump the wall? Do I have faith to go beyond those barriers that would hide my vision from the Lord? Knowing David had many literal walls to go over to run from his enemies, yet he went knowing that God was His shield. I can only leap the wall in the power of the Lord.

This month we will often be reminded of Jesus' birth. Mary had an unbelievable "wall" to hurdle. Not only personally, to believe that it is even possible to be pregnant by virginity, but also with Joseph, family and society. She knew the consequences of being pregnant when she was engaged. In spite of that she responded that she is honored to be chosen.

I praise the Lord that she believed and knew that God was her shield and that His way is perfect. She became the "odd one" in her family and those around her. I am sure the news travelled quickly, yes, even without phones or TV. Can you imagine what the media today would do with such news?!

I don't know any other season of the year when it is so difficult to go against the tide. We soon get caught up with over-spending, over-eating, and almost nightly celebrations and parties. And the sad thing is, it is done in the name of Jesus, even though we hardly ask Him for His plan in our shopping sprees. Am I saying taking Christ from Christmas? Not especially, although I believe He has been taken out of our ways to celebrate Christmas for a long time. We just don't realize it because we are in the middle of it.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, you may contact me. Or better yet, start seeking the Lord on this matter. I believe He will show you step by step as you obey His leading. 

What is your "wall" this Christmas? By God you can leap the wall.

God bless you

No comments: