Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Gift

I spoke with Patrick last night (he's in Haiti), and he just returned from a mission trip to a village far away from Mayette. This place is tucked away in the mountains, very remote, and he described it as "in a different world." There were 16 men from the Mayette Church who went on this trip. Patrick didn't have exact numbers, but many people accepted Jesus. This is what Christmas is all about. People coming to Jesus.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in the social holiday spirit, and forget to offer the best gift in all the world to someone who needs a special Someone, Jesus! That Gift is all wrapped up in love. Not only does this Gift come wrapped in Love, but has a beautiful ribbon of Peace and a bow of Grace. Now that is a gift like no other.

Today we leave for Sarasota to enjoy the holidays with my family. My mother just arrived in Sarasota a few days ago, and will now be living in Florida at my brother's place. She was so excited for this move. And I'm excited to have her closer to me. :)

I will try to blog occasionally even though I am not home. I do hope each of you will have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

It's all about Jesus, Immanuel God with us. What a name! Glorious.

God bless you

No comments: