Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's All About Attitude

Attitude...yes, it is all about attitude. My perspective of the day will develop according to my attitude. If I dread the day, and am already deciding that things are going to be difficult and aggravating. It will be just that.

This morning as Rachel went out the door for work, she asked, "Mom, you will have the 2 boys all day without either Agape or I. Your day will be hard." I can make it hard if I already decide that my day is going to be an interruption to "my" plans. And mostly that is why our days go awry. We don't like our plans interrupted.

But if I have an attitude that God is in the midst of my day, He has promised me strength and grace, and most of all nothing happens to my life without God's consent. So the day will be good. Now I haven't prayed for patience for today, I admit. A sure way of little boy fights all day. Smile. You do know when we pray for patience, God gives us trials? Patience doesn't come with good things happening.

I expect the boys to be good today. I expect us to have a good time. I expect to learn from God today. All of that is wrapped up in the arms of God's Grace. I love His Grace. His overflowing grace is indescribable, and can't even be compared to hot fudge covering a bowl of ice cream! His grace is so much more!!

So today Zion, Nate and grandma will have a good day. Gotta watch those pirate and knight fights, though. The wooden swords can hurt. Smile.

God is so good. He is truly Good.

God bless you

No comments: