Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Clouds Obey

Still reveling in the Greatness of God, and so thankful for the God He is!!

Job 36:24-37:24 As I read this I was in awe of a God that is so powerful and awesome, yet cares for me. Verse 11b -12 "...He scatters His bright clouds and they swirl about, being turned by HIs guidance, that they may do whatever He commands them on the face of the whole earth."

That is a powerful verse, showing the power of God. I don't normally look at clouds and think, "God you are telling those clouds where to go and what to do."  Almost sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? He forms the clouds and their floating around in the air, are all obedience to His bidding. The clouds, wind, rain, ice are all under His commands.

Am I as quick to obey His bidding as the clouds are? Do I think for a moment that they ask, "Let me see, God...what you are telling me to do makes little sense. So let me just think about it. Actually, God, I see I'm just a little puff of a cloud, not much value actually when I compare myself to the other big and beautiful clouds. So perhaps, my job isn't as important as theirs."

If the clouds obey His commands, how much more should I. He did create me with an eternal soul. There is a purpose for each of His commands. He is Omnipotent! He is worthy of my praise. He is worthy of my obedience. He has a purpose for me...and you.

Of all the Thanksgiving blessings, Jesus is the Ultimate Blessing sent by an Ever Loving Father. We are loved, forgiven and blessed beyond any thing we can imagine.

God bless you

No comments: