Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Now elections are completed and the work begins. How can we help?

I was reading Ezra 9:6 & 8 this morning, and was "stopped" in my tracks.

"O my God, I am too ashamed and humiliated to lift up my face to You, my God; for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads, and our guilt has grown up to the Heavens. And now for a little while grace has been shown from the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a peg in His holy place, that our God may enlighten our eyes and give us a measure of revival in our bondage."

The nation of Israel had been taken into captivity and now returning to Jerusalem. There was intermarriage between the pagan nations and Israel. This was the sin that brought Ezra to his knees. He was humiliated before God. I think we tend to classify sin. Some sin is passable, it just doesn't seem so bad. Other sins are worthy of rising up in a demonstration against it. Of course, the sin that isn't so bad is the one I am involved in. So easy to make excuses.

Many churches conveniently overlook sin so that no one is offended. How can we expect national leaders do any better! We can't. Abortion, same sex marriage, and rejection to Israel are sin, but so is hatred (God calls hating our brother murder). Is this different than abortion? How many people have left a church because they can't forgive another brother? I guess what I'm saying is that I expect the ungodly to have non-biblical standards, but we should be appalled when we as Christians make excuses for our sins.

I love the phrase "to give us a peg in His holy place" so that we may be enlightened. Give us revival in our bondage. For you see, seldom is there revival where Godly principles reign. We need revival in this country, and it won't come through the president. It will come through prayer and fasting. Falling on our knees before the Lord, in humility, crying out to Him who can bring revival.

Lift your eyes for our redemption is near!

God bless you




No comments: