Monday, November 26, 2012

God is So Big

Psalm 3:4-5 "I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me."

This brings great peace to me. David was on the run. He had enemies coming after him. Yet, he knew His God. He knew that God would hear his cry. The verse right after that says even though there are ten thousand enemies coming after him, he will not fear.

This is a picture of total peace that passes understanding. How many times have I worried and fretted over some minor circumstance? I need not be afraid. God hears our cries. He knows our every need. He knows who we are and where we are. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

In Matthew 1 we read that Jesus was called Immanuel, God with us. The same God that delivered David will deliver us. He will lead us in a way that is good for us. Not always the way we choose, but the way He chooses for us.

And in all this, we can lay down and sleep. We can rest. He knows our every cry and need.
This evening before the children went to bed, they were singing "Our God is SO BIG" and we need to believe that with our whole heart. He holds the world in His hand. He is a big God. He is the best there is.

Let's pray for those who are away from the Lord, not knowing which way they go. Satan has their eyes blinded, and yet God is only a hand away waiting for them to call His name.

Our God is so Big... He is Immanuel!
God bless you.

No comments: