Saturday, January 12, 2013

Our Life...A Display Case

The memories are strong today. Flashes of the quake, the pain, the crying...not only in our lives but the thousands of people who lost loved ones through the quake. Remembering the fear people lived in for months after the quake.

The message tonight at church was so appropriate for an anniversary message. I'm sure the pastor had no idea that quake survivors were in the audience. His message was on asking questions, especially "why?" when we just don't understand. Many times we ask why because we don't see the final picture. HIs message was focused on John 9.

When we humbly accept God's path for us, and follow Him, learning to praise Him even though we do not fully understand. When we obediently accept His will for our lives, He uses our life for a showcase for others. His light shines forth for others to see Jesus through us.

I remember when Patrick was finally out of the coma, and almost ready to be transferred out of intensive care, he had asked the nurses and doctor to gather around his bed. He thanked them for the good care, helping him through a most critical time in his life. While he was talking, a nurse stood a bit away from the foot of the bed, and then nudged the one beside her and said, "Please make him stop thanking us. Don't let him go on. We don't hear these things from patients." But Patrick continued his praises to the medical staff. I thought of this during the message, God used Patrick as a showcase for Jesus.

Our light for Jesus is so needed in this dark world. So if you, as a child of God, are suffering just know God sees the whole picture. He can use you in your suffering for His praise. We see suffering as a negative thing...God sees it much differently. I know that suffering has given me a clearer picture of who God is. Yet, when I see the stars at night, I realize I really don't know His Grandeur at all. His greatness is far beyond my understanding.

I am so thankful I serve a God who is not contained in an earthquake, He is One who Everlasting, Ever Loving, All Knowing, All Seeing, Full of Grace and Mercy. Ahh, What a God we serve!!

God bless you.

No comments: