Friday, January 25, 2013

Cleaning Job

Yesterday Patrick and I were in the car going from point A to B. The sun shown brightly into the windshield. Oh my, every speckle of dirt was magnified. I remarked, "Wow is the window ever dirty." Patrick's response, "The sun always makes it look dirtier."

How true in our life. The dirt is magnified when Jesus shines on it. I may think my sin is not so bad, until...the Light shines on it. Then it is quite nasty. Now of course, I can choose to go another direction so the Light isn't quite so intense on the "sin" spots. But they don't go away. It just keeps on getting dirtier. Just like the windshield, if we don't wash it, more dirt collects on it.

The only way to clean the windshield is with soap and water. The only way to clean my heart of sin is the blood of Jesus. In His blood is power to clean every speckle of sin. But too many times when the cleaning process begins, it is painful so I tend to detour the cleansing. But eventually I need to come back to the Light and have Him clean things up again.

A favorite song of mine (I have quite a few favorites) is Power of the Cross by Kristyn Getty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowdjLeaCYs

God bless you

1 comment:

Betty Pagan said...

John McArthur said, " An atheist doesn't believe in God because, not of His existence, it's because of fear. There is enough evidence of His existence. They look away. If they looked at Him, their sins will show." It's true, when I look to the flesh, I feel alright but I'm not because I'm not looking at Him. I don't see my own sins.