Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Request versus Leanness of Soul

Already on day 3 of 2012. Family fun, lots of food, laughter, and then....remembering those who have not had such wonderful times. Those who lost loved ones, those who have had family members in the hospital, and those who were just very lonely.

I am closing my time in Sarasota with a flight to Kansas for the funeral of my aunt. My sister and I will represent our family since mom is not able to go that far in cold weather. Speaking of mom, she loves her new home in Florida. Oh how she is enjoying grandchildren that drop by to see her. It is a joy to see her happy and content in her home here in FL.

For me, there are no new year resolutions. It is a day by day walk with Jesus. Every day desiring to be more of who He wants me to be. Day by day being a woman of Grace. Oh but I have so much to learn. The love of God rings loud and clear as He shows me the way, and waits patiently for me to learn the lessons along the way.

I read a verse the other day that stopped me in my tracks. Psalm 106:15 "And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." This was speaking of the children of Israel in the desert as they tested God, and this was His response. I wonder how often that has been my situation. I begged and demanded something of God. He gave it to me, but in exchange I had leanness of soul. God help me!

So as I make my requests known to God may I search His will, and not demand what would bring leanness of soul.

I ask you this: How are you starting the New Year? 

God bless you

No comments: