Saturday, January 19, 2013

Little Foxes

I haven't posted for a number of days, for a number of reasons. One, just not in a writing mood. Then, of course, the work load was heavier. Children home from school. My cousin's husband passed away which is sad. I wanted to be in Sarasota today.

Have you ever had a frustrating day? That was me today. No valid reason for it, except for the harder I worked the more work I found to do. Then I wasn't being so thankful either. Found myself concentrating on the job at hand, instead of the blessings around me.

Tonight I ask myself, why did I let the frustrations take over? I don't like when I do that. Now tomorrow is Sunday, and I do hope I have a better attitude. A thankful spirit. There are so many things to be thankful for. For you see, not being thankful brings complaints. It isn't the big things that give me problems. It is those little things that creep in and begin to attack the thought process. I'm thinking of the verse in Song of Solomon 2:15, ..."the little foxes that spoil the vine..." and that is what it is..the little things that spoil things.

What little foxes are in your life? What are the foxes that are eating and destroying the goodness of the Lord in our life? Oh we need to root them out. Take them out of our life, so that the vines of thankfulness, grace and joy are not spoiled.

So what I think I should do is go to bed, have a good night sleep and start the day on a right track tomorrow. Doesn't that sound like a good idea? Away with the little "foxes."

Good night and God bless you

1 comment:

teresa said...

yes, away with the little foxes. let's keep focusing on Him and trust His provision. thanks for your post. God bless your Sunday!