Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010

First, we would like to thank you all for your prayers and support. We have decided to start a family blog to update everyone on our progress. We will do our best to update this blog daily.
For those of you who have not heard, Patrick and Barb were both injured in the Haiti earthquake when their house in Port-au-Prince collapsed on them. Patrick has had his right arm amputated at the shoulder and Barb has had her right leg amputated below the knee. Agape and Rachel are here with them at the hospital in Miami.
As of today, Patrick is still in intensive care. He has a condition called Rhabdomyolysis which is very common among people who suffer from a "crush" injury. He is stable but he is being sedated to give his body time to heal.
Barb had her final surgery on Tuesday. She was able to get out of bed today and walk around the room with her walker.
We ask you to continue to pray and to check this blog for further updates.


The Lataillade family (Patrick, Barb, Rachel, and Agape)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thank-you for the update. We've been praying. Heather Feikema

My All In All said...

Thank you for all you do! Praying for Full healing and comfort for all of you! Isaiah 41:10

Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

Stanley said...

Thanks for the update. Way to go Barb! We're cheering you and Patrick on all the way. "My grace is sufficient for you!"

Anonymous said...

Barb and Patrick-

I am praying for you daily for your full recovery. God is so faithful. We praise God for delivering you out of the rubble and into His Caring Hands. I still remember years ago when you shared with us at the Church of the Cross how God had laid it on your hearts to minister to Haiti. Over the years it has been so exciting to see the fruits of your labor. I have no doubt the Lord will continue to increase your ministry to others.

Tami Higgins

CindyRae53 said...

Patrick and Barb,

You have been so faithful to God's call on your lives over the years, from back in those days at COTC, and on through our paths crossing by way of Calvary Chapel, in Sarasota and Bradenton. You are in our prayers as you recover, and in any way we can support you and be of help. God is continuing to use you as you share your story with the many of us who love you, and glory is bieng given to His name. You are loved!

Cindy Dickerson

Sue Berger said...

Hi Barb, I have been continously praying for both of you. It is a blessing to see God shining forth from you in the midst of all this. He is not done with you. I am excited to see what He is going to accomplish. Hang in there sister, love you, sue

Shirley said...

Our prayers go out to God daily on your behalf. I know that He is an awesome God and through Him all things are posible.

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a fellow Samaritan Ministries member. I just joined your blog and your prayer team. I've never been on a blog so this is a new experience for me. I'm part of a 6:30am prayer team so we will be praying for you. My pastor is also a member of Samaritan Ministries. Keep up with your positive Christ-like attitude. God is good! God is right! Lorrie from LaPorte, IN