Monday, August 13, 2012

Love is a Choice

Where oh where did this day go? At the end of the day, I look back and wonder what was accomplished. Am I the only one? Hopefully something was accomplished even if I don't remember.

That is life. We can go, go, go and then wonder what was done. That is why the quietness in the presence of Jesus is so important. I think I was more a "Martha" today than a "Mary." But in my busyness, I kept reflecting on the message from yesterday on I John 4:7-21.

The text was love. Love is not a feeling but an action word. Love is a choice. The verse given for this was Colossians 3:14 "And over all these put on love which binds them together." Even those who are difficult to love, I need to choose to love and bless them.

I choose to love, I choose to forgive and without this my heart is resentful. I cannot be resentful and love at the same time. There is no room for love in a bitter heart. Oh Lord, fill my heart with love, so that bitterness has no room.

Just like my house, there is always cleaning that can be done, so my heart, there is always cleaning and pruning taking place. Although, painful at times, it is so necessary.

I leave the challenge, don't be so busy in a day that you don't take time to learn at Jesus' feet.

God bless you

No comments: