Sunday, September 15, 2013

What Are You Thinking?

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things."

What are we thinking? I don't see anything in this verse that gives room for "poor little ole me" stuff. I don't see anything that leads toward, "but what if" and it never happens. It's like I need to turn my brain off, and restart it to get it going in the right path of thinking.

How much time do we spend thinking on the negative, unjust, bad things, oh should I mention how much time are we criticizing people and the government. Let me read that verse again. Nope, I don't find anything that gives room for critical attitudes either. I believe the Word of God fits all those things that we are to meditate on. How much time do we really spend in meditating on the Word of God?

There are so many distractions, and then my mind goes tumbling around the things that need to be done, the things I failed at and wish I would have done differently. I feel trapped in my own head. How can I get out of this miserable state of mind?

Starting the day with reading the Bible gets me going in the right direction. Prayer. As we start to meditate on the Word, I believe throughout the day, God brings our attention to things around us that remind us of a verse or a song that we can meditate on.

The good thing is that even though, I have failed God, He does not fail me. He promises hold true. He takes my weeping in the night and turns it to joy in the morning. His love never fails, ever! He loves me, He protects me, and He cares for me like no other.

The final thought....He understands me because He created me. He knows my thoughts and my desires. He doesn't give up on me. Sometimes I want to give up on me...but for the Grace of God...oh the grace of God. What a precious Gift. Take that gift today and think on these things.

God bless you

No comments: